NYC Flip Cup League
Just want to be social? Don’t want to throw, kick or roll a ball? Then our New York Flip Cup league is the one for you!
NYC Social does New York flip cup like no one else in the city. You don’t just show up, play, and go home at NYC Social. You show up, play, and make friends that last a lifetime! Get in the action of our co-ed weekly New York flip cup leagues. All leagues located at your favorite neighborhood bar, so come on out and blow off some steam!
Upcoming Flip Cup Leagues in NYC
How to Sign Up
- Minimum players for a full flip cup team is 7 people
- If you do not meet this minimum your team will be merged with free agents.
- A Captain must create a team and all the team members must “join” the team. The Captain can pay for everyone or you can split up the fee’s among team members.
- Yes! You can sign up together even if you do not have a full team!
- Have Captain “create team” & Note Estimated Players
- Teammates Join “team” (Before signup deadline)
- Once Registration is closed we will merge you with other small groups and free-agents
- Signing up as a solo player is the best way to meet people in NYC!
- We will place you with a small group and/or other free agents to form a full team after the registration closes.
- If you have a friend that decides to sign up just have them note to be put on the same team as you!
Post Game Social
We are known as the most social league in NYC and that’s because we care about the bar experience!
What to expect at the bar
- Food & Drink Specials
- Dedicated space & reserved tables for your league
- League staff at the bar
- When possible, multiple sports will go to the same bar so you can meet lots of new people!
- 2 Free Pitchers per team per week
- Roster minimum: 7 players
- Teams play 1 match each week (best of 9)
- 1 survivor game per week (every player for themselves vs entire league)
- Winner of survivor wins a free pitcher each week
- No gender requirements
- Each game will be played 7v7 (teams can be more or less if both teams agree)
- Click here for the Flip Cup Rules
Players registered with NYC Social enjoy player perks such as:
- Team T-Shirts
- End of Season Free Beer Party
- Special Sponsor Opportunities (see what can happen in our leagues!)
- Invitation to all Volo City Events
Flip Cup FAQs
What can I expect at a NYC Social flip cup league?
A premiere, FUN experience! Plan to arrive at the bar 10-15 minutes before game time to meet up with your teammates and get ready to play in your NYC flip cup league. You’ll play best of 7 series, so minimum of 4 games. Once your game ends, the night is just beginning. Stick around to get to know your fellow flip cuppers and take advantage of bar specials!
How competitive are the flip cup leagues?
We’re all about being social here at NYC Social! NYC Social flip cup leagues are all about meeting new people and having a good time. Shoot us an email if you have questions!
How many people do I need for a full flip cup team?
All flip cup teams are required to have a minimum of 10 players. If you and your crew don’t have a full roster, we’ll merge you with another small group. FYI – merged teams generally have extra players to protect against forfeits. If you’d like to make sure you have a larger or smaller team, you can register as a prepaid team which allows you determine the amount of players on your team.
How much does it cost to join NYC Social flip cup?
Registration fees are dependent on location and day of the week, so be sure to check the league details carefully. After you sign up, everything else is taken care of for you. Your registration includes league shirt, referees, venue costs, insurance, equipment, prizes, league management and so much more!
Don’t forget, when you sign up with NYC Social, your league registration helps provide free youth sports programs in New York through the Volo City Kids Foundation. #playwithpurpose
What are the NYC Social flip cup gender requirements?
While many NYC Social leagues do have gender requirements, NYC Social flip cup leagues do not have any gender requirements.
Flip Cup Rules
- Best of 7 series
- In the event of a “tie” to end a round, the two players who tied will have a “Flip-Off”
- A Flip-Off is a 1 vs. 1, 2 cups version of flip cup
- Each round starts with “Up, Down, Drink”
- Minimum of 6 players, no maximum
- You must have an even number of players per team
- No player is allowed to flip 2 cup
- You do NOT need to drink beer, but each player must have some sort of liquid in the cup they are flipping. The level of liquid must be at least one finger height from the bottom of the cup.
- For Traditional Kickball and Dodgeball – flip cup is worth 1 point towards overall standings
- For Cup In Hand Kickball – flip cup is worth 2 points towards overall standings
- The flow of flippers will always go in the same direction each round as determined from the first round
- The person who starts Round 1 will be determined as follows:
- The person (side) closest to the front door of the bar on the end of the table
- The person next to this player will be the second person to flip
- The person who starts Round 2 will be determined as follows:
- The second person who flipped a cup from Round 1
- Future rounds follow this pattern, so everyone knows how many games have been completed already
- Best of 7 series